Important Note! If your organization uses TMS Exchange Extension (TMSXE) for integration with O365, it is likely that the below configuration steps have already been completed. In most cases, Vyopta can utilize the TMSXE user account and distribution list to automatically ingest the room list and calendar data. If you have TMSXE in place, consult with your Vyopta sales engineer before proceeding with the steps in this section.
- Customer access to an Exchange Administrator
O365 Config Step 1 - Create a Service Account for Office365
Integration with Microsoft Exchange requires your Office 365 Administrator to set up a service account for Exchange used to query scheduled meeting data. Only calendar bookings for the room resources defined by the room distribution lists in Step 2 will be queried.
- Create a Service Account with a mailbox enabled for the account (mailbox is required) and document it's email address and password.
- Provide the newly created Service Account with "Cloud Application Admin" role in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. The roles Vyopta uses are the following:
- Configure application impersonation on the O365 Service Account
- If your organization has configured an 'EwsApplicationAccessPolicy' to 'EnforceAllowList' then please add VyoptaRooms* as an allowed 'user agent string' in Exchange. Note: you must ensure the asterisk/wildcard is added to the end of the user agent string when adding using the Set-CASMailbox command.
Set-CASMailbox -Identity svcVyoptaAnalytics -EwsApplicationAccessPolicy EnforceAllowList -EwsAllowList "VyoptaRooms*".
Note: If you are running a hybrid environment with Exchange 2013 or above be sure to create the service account in the appropriate environment.
O365 Config Step 2 - Create a Room Distribution List in Exchange
Vyopta Workspace Insights utilizes a room distribution list to identify which room resources are queried for scheduled meeting data. Typically, these include only rooms containing managed endpoints.
Below is a detailed article on how to create a Room Distribution List.
**Note: Distribution Lists or O365 Groups are not supported and will not work**
O365 Config Step 3 - Add Exchange to the Vyopta Admin Portal
To start collecting O365 data you will need to add the O365 Collector to your current data collector by performing the following:
- Log into your Vyopta account (requires someone with Admin privileges)
- Select the Admin Portal from the Product Selection menu
- Select Infrastructure and New Infrastructure
- You'll see a list of available infrastructure like the one below (your view may contain a different set of options). Microsoft Office 365 should be an option
- Select the proper Calendar option and fill in the required fields for the Office365 Host Details
Add the Room Distribution List details
If you plan on using a Room Distribution List to sync the rooms to the Vyopta Workspace Insights, fill in the required fields:
- The "User Agent" is the service account email address that will have the impersonation role.
- The Room (Distribution) List Address will be the email address of the room distribution list created above.
**Note: Multiple Room Distribution Lists are supported and must be comma delimited**
When adding an Office365 system for which OAuth authorization is required, the following steps should be undertaken:-
1. Scroll down to O365 Authorization and expand the section
Click on the 'CLICK TO AUTHORIZE' button
You should then be presented with a Microsoft login prompt. This login should be completed using the credentials for a user that has the Cloud application administrator role.
Once logged in, the following is displayed
If the text in the box is not displayed, then the Cloud application administrator role is not present for the chosen user.
Once this has been accepted, it should be possible to validate the user.
Click the Save button to apply your changes.