Vyopta’s new Intelligent Monitoring Engine is now live for all customers! When compared to our legacy “Alerts”, this new functionality delivers vastly superior granularity. This new release will:
- allow you to create a monitor for any CPM Monitoring Dashboard metric,
- provide an improved configuration page with the ability to set different thresholds to avoid noise,
- and the ability to see live states of all monitors in one view, and much more!
Watch the 7-minute video below for an overview of this new engine!
Intelligent Monitoring Engine FAQ:
- Will my legacy “Alerts” still work?
- Yes. until the official End-of-Life date, all legacy “Alerts” will be supported.
- Can I have both legacy “Alerts” and new “Monitors” live at the same time?
- Yes. During the beta period both platforms will be live and fully supported.
- The new Intelligent Monitoring Engine is still in “Beta” - how confident should I be in it?
- In terms of accuracy of being able to detect and notify, you should be highly confident in the new engine – as you will now see a history of the metric and the more modern technologies it’s built on. We are in “beta” so that you can compare the new engine versus the old.
- Many customers have mission critical processes and workflows built around the legacy alert engine. We want to give these customers time to test the new engine to build confidence in it and plan for a cutover that is smooth across all elements of their workflows. For more information on the legacy alert engine, please refer to our Knowledge Base article.
- What happens if I have a Monitor and an Alert set for the same metric?
- You will receive two alerts - one from the legacy engine and one from the new Intelligent Monitoring Engine
- Will my legacy “Alerts” be migrated over?
- At this point in time the new Intelligent Monitoring Engine will be “starting from scratch.” For the metrics that are available in both the legacy and new engines, we are investigating the possibility of an auto-migration at the EOL (end-of-life) date.
- Should I be making Monitors for metrics that are already covered in the legacy Alerts engine?
- Yes, to the extent that it helps you build confidence in the new engine please build new monitors that are duplicative of the legacy Alerts engine. This way you’ll also see all of the additional possibilities around granularity improvements and thresholds that can make your Alerts even more relevant. Please be prepared to receive duplicative notifications while both are still enabled.