Important note: Please ensure that you are running Vyopta data collector version 4.6.0 or above
Please follow the instructions below to add a Polycom RMX device:
Step 1 - Set up a Service Account for Polycom RealPresence Collaboration server (RMX)
The required service account must be an account with full read/write administrator credentials. The Polycom API will not allow an administrator account with read-only privileges to retrieve CDR data. To add and verify the credentials for the Polycom RMX, complete the following:
- In the Polycom RMX Manager application click Users.
- Click New User to open the User Properties dialog box.
- Enter the username vyopta_svc in the User Name field for the user service account.
- Enter the password in the Password field.
- Select Administrator in the Authorization Level drop-down field.
- Click OK to add the user account.
- Log out of the Polycom RMX Manager application and verify that you can successfully log in using the service account credentials.
Figure 12-1: Polycom RMX Add User Menu
Step 2 - Add a Polycom RMX Connector
To add a Polycom RMX Connector requires the following:
- Access to the FQDN/IP address of the RMX from the Vyopta Data Collector
- Port 80/443 must be open between the Vyopta Data Collector and the Polycom RMX
- Credentials for the user service account on the Polycom RMX
Please follow the instructions below to add each RMX instance:
- Navigate to Vyopta Admin Portal to access the Vyopta Administration Portal and log in with your Vyopta credentials
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click Polycom RMX:
- Fill in the connection and account details for Polycom RMX:
- Note: We recommend using hostname rather than IP as IP addresses are subject to change. It is also helpful to name the infrastructure in a 'friendly' or easily understood way.
- Enter the description of the video device. This can include the device type, location, and other unique identifiers.
- Enter the Polycom DMA hostname or IP address.
- Enter the username and password for the administrator account.
- Click the Save button when complete.
- After clicking Save, two new buttons will appear on this page: Disabled (at the top) and Validate (at the bottom).
- Click the Validate button to check that the collector can successfully connect to the infrastructure. A pop-up will appear:
- If you get a Validation was Unsuccessful, click the Details arrow for information on causes, such as login credentials, network connection issues, etc. that should assist you in correcting the problem.
- Now you can click the Disabled button to the Enabled state to begin monitoring and data collection from this system.
Polycom RealPresence Collaboration server (RMX) Reference Table
Polycom RealPresence Collaboration server (RMX)
RMX 8.5 or above
Local account with full Administrator read/write or privileges. Note: unable to use RMX read-only administrator due to limitation with API for CDR access.
Vyopta Data Collector outbound to the RMX device(s)
Please sign in to leave a comment.