Important note: Please ensure that you are running Vyopta data collector version 4.6.0 or above
Please follow the instructions below to add a Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM) device:
Step 1 - Set up a Service Account for Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM)
Create a service account on DMA which requires setting up a local account with administrator credentials. To add and verify the credentials for Polycom RPRM complete the following:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the domain or IP address of the Polycom RPRM.
- Log in as an administrator using your username and password.
- Navigate to the User > Users tab to open up the User Administration Panel.
- Select Add to add the required user service account.
- Enter the Name, User ID, and Password for the service account.
- Select the Associated Roles tab and add the Administrator role.
- Click OK to add the user account.
- Log out of the Polycom RPRM and verify that you can successfully log in using the service account credentials.
Figure 13-1: Polycom RPRM Add User Associated Roles Menu
Step 2 - Add a Polycom RPRM Connector
To add a Polycom RPRM Connector requires the following:
- Access to the FQDN/IP address of the RPRM from the Vyopta Data Collector
- Port 8443 must be open between the Vyopta Data Collector and the Polycom RPRM
- Credentials for the user service account on the Polycom RPRM
Please follow the instructions below to add each RPRM instance:
Note: We recommend using hostname rather than IP as IP addresses are subject to change. It is also helpful to name the infrastructure in a 'friendly' or easily understood way.
- Login to the Vyopta Admin Portal to access the Vyopta Administration Portal and log in with your Vyopta credentials
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM):
- Fill in the connection and account details for Polycom RMX:
- Enter the description of the video device. This can include the device type, location, and other unique identifiers.
- Enter the Polycom DMA hostname or IP address.
- Enter the username and password for the administrator account.
- Click the Save button when complete.
- After clicking Save, two new buttons will appear on this page: Disabled (at the top) and Validate (at the bottom).
- Click the Validate button to check that the collector can successfully connect to the infrastructure. A pop-up will appear:
- If you get a Validation was Unsuccessful, click the Details arrow for information on causes, such as login credentials, network connection issues, etc. that should assist you in correcting the problem.
- Now you can click the Disabled button to the Enabled state to begin monitoring and data collection from this system.
Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM) Reference Table
Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM)
RPRM version 8.2 or above
Local account with full Administrator read/write, device administrator or Operator privileges
Vyopta Data Collector to RPRM
Please sign in to leave a comment.