A common scenario every customer runs into is understanding when a system stops sending real-time or historical call data to Vyopta. Everything is constantly changing, including the infrastructure we use each and every day. With those changes, we see customers encounter collection failures due to the following reasons:
- System accounts change or expire
- Firewall rules change
- New systems are provisioned to replace older systems
- General connectivity issues between the Vyopta Collector and the Video Infrastructure you are monitoring
So how can I monitor my infrastructure so I know about it when it stops happening? The ideal solution would be to create a Daily Infrastructure Report in CPM Analytics. You can click on the link here to see how you can build the report.
In the case that one of your systems is having issues sending data back to Vyopta, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate over to the new Vyopta Admin Portal.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the Home page, which will show your data collector service on the right-hand side. If the Data collector is green in color, it means the collector is running. If it is red in color, it means the collector has been stopped and no data is being sent.
- If you hover over the Vyopta Data Collector, it will give you information indicating the machine that it is running on, version details, etc.
- Click on the 'Infrastructure' icon as shown or the infrastructure tab on the left and navigate to the list of your infrastructure.
- Within this list, locate the infrastructure you want to check and click the "edit" button on the right side.
- Make sure all the details entered are correct and click on the Validate button to make sure it passes validation. If there's any problem with validation, please ensure that the IP address, username, and password are correct.
If you need further assistance or would like a call to work on this issue, please open a support ticket with this link.