In order to migrate the Vyopta Data Collector to a new Windows Server you need to set up a new server first. You can review the Pre-Kickoff Checklist located here: Vyopta Pre-Kickoff Checklist for information on the following:
- The recommended Server / VM specifications
- Server access set up
- Downloading and installing the applications
Steps to Migrate:
Once you have the Windows server setup as per the requirements,
- Stop your old Data Collector.
- Copy the vyoptacollector.xml to the new server (the same location you will be installing the collector on example C:\Vyopta)
- If you have a Call Manager and are setup with Pushed Based CDR or you have a SFTP program, migrate the software to the new server and ensure to update the Call Manager.
- Install the new Data collector on the server.
- All your infrastructure and details will be available in the cloud, so you need not add each infrastructure separately.
- If you have installed Vyopta Data Collector version 4 or above login to the Vyopta Admin Portal and validate each infrastructure.
- Once the new collector has been installed successfully you can uninstall the data collector on the old Server.
Note: For CMS devices you have to update the CDR forward URL, which should take place automatically upon validation
If you need assistance from support, please Submit a ticket