Step 1 - Grant Access
You need to request that your Cisco account team (either their account manager or customer success manager) contact Webex support and grant Vyopta’s account (which has a valid security certificate in place) access to the your account.
PDA (Partner Delegated Authentication) Request Instructions
Note: The PDA request must be made by the Cisco AM or CSM not directly by you.
Step A - Initiate a Certificate Request with Cisco Webex
Follow these instructions to grant partner delegated authentication (PDA) to Vyopta.
- Email your Cisco Webex AM and/or CSM and ask them to send an email to the Webex Ops team with subject: Webex PDA request for existing API partner - Vyopta. The Cisco Webex AM and/or CSM will know the correct team to reach out for the request.
- Request that they CC: you (the customer), and the Vyopta engineer that is assisting with your Webex setup
- Include in the body: Please submit an Ops request ticket for the Webex Provisioning team to add Vyopta (existing partner with PDA config in place) for partner delegated authentication (PDA) to our Webex site(s) below.
- Also list in the body of the email each Webex site URL you want Vyopta to be able to access
- Be sure they include the following statement: Important Note: Vyopta currently provides Webex API integration and already has an existing certificate and PDA config on file. Therefore, no cert is required to be submitted with this provisioning request.
- The request will take 2-3 days for the provisioning team to complete
- Once you have received confirmation that the PDA request has been completed, move on to the next step
Step B - Verify the Certificate is Applied to Applicable Webex Domain Sites
Once the Webex team confirms that PDA is activated for your Webex domains, visit your admin portal and verify the certificate is applied to the site:
- On the Cisco Webex Meetings Sites page click to select your site and select the 'Configure Site' button
- Under 'Common Settings' click the 'Partner Delegated Authentication' link
- If not already enabled in the 'Partner Delegated Authentication' page click the checkbox to enable Vyopta as a 'Host and also 'Site Admin' (note: Site Admin privileges required to use API for data collection)
- Click the 'Update' button to save
- Repeat for each applicable Webex site
Step C - Set up a Service Account for Cisco WebEx
To create a service account for Cisco WebEx, perform the following:
- Log into the WebEx Web Portal using an existing site administrator account.
- Select Site Administrator tab to open the Administration page.
- Use the appropriate tab under Manage Users to create a new WebEx account:
- Select the Site Admin – View only
- Enter Vyopta for the First name.
- Enter Service for the Last name.
- Enter vyoptasvc for the User name.
- Enter vyoptasvc@<<yourdomain>> for the Email address. If your domain is abc.com, then use email@example.com as the email for your service account
- Set and confirm the password for the service account.
- Select Update to save the service account information.
Figure 8-1: WebEx User Account Information
Step 2 - Connect WebEx Meetings
Please follow the instructions below to add your WebEx Meetings instance to Data Collection:
- Navigate to the Admin Portal
- On the 'Infrastructure' tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'New Infrastructure' button.
- Select 'Cisco WebEx' in the Infrastructure menu.
- Enter a name for your WebEx Meetings instance and a description (if desired).
- Next, input the API URL (i.e. <company>.webex.com)
- Input the WebEx ID (user name) and Password
- Click Save.
Figure 8-2: Adding a WebEx Site
Cisco WebEx (Cloud only) Reference Table
Cisco WebEx (Cloud only)
Version T28 or above
FQDN of WebEx sites
Local Site Admin - View-only WebEx account
Vyopta Data Collector outbound to the WebEx Cloud
TCP 443 (https)