The connection between Vyopta and Microsoft Teams is cloud to cloud and will not require any configuration to be made to the infrastructure data collector. Vyopta uses OAuth method to Authenticate and collect data from Microsoft Teams.
Required Authorization level:
The Authorizing User needs to have Global Administrator access within their
Microsoft Teams tenant to authorize Vyopta data collection.
- Navigate to my.vyopta.com/admin and login with your Vyopta account.
- Select infrastructure and select Microsoft Teams.
- Add name and description for the Microsoft Teams integration. These are user friendly fields. Note: the Graph API Url is pre-populated and cannot be modified.
- After clicking save, you will see the MS Teams Authorization section below. Once you expand the section and click on 'Click to Authorize' you will be prompted to log into your Microsoft account. Note: You need to ensure that you are using either Google Chrome or Safari before clicking on Click to Authorize.
- Read the permissions needed for the Vyopta account and accept.
- After accepting, you will be brought back to the Vyopta infrastructure page with MSTEAMS Authorization populated. Select the button that says CLICK TO AUTHORIZE and then save the configuration.
Once the Microsoft teams has been setup, data will be available the following day in the CPM Analytics dashboards.