Step 1 - Create API Key and API Secret
To create an API Key and API secret for Zoom:
Log in to Zoom using an existing administrator account (must be an admin account).
Select 'App Marketplace' under the 'Advanced' heading.
In the new window that opens (Zoom App Marketplace), select Develop then Build App from the dropdown in the upper right.
From the 'Choose your app type window', select JWT (Build an app that supports server to server integration...)
Click 'Create' and name the new app 'Vyopta Service' and then click 'Create'
On the page that opens fill in the remaining fields including company name, your name and email address. Then click 'Continue' (leave the optional Links section blank)
Finally, the App Credentials page opens. Here the copy the API Key and the API Secret. Note: Make sure to record your API Key and API Secret as they will be used to connect Zoom to Vyopta.
That’s it! You should now have your API Key and API Secret, with which Zoom can be added to the Vyopta Data Collector in the Vyopta Admin Portal.
Step 2 - Add a Zoom Connector
To add a Zoom Connector requires the following:
Access to your organization’s Zoom API URL (api.zoom.us)
Credentials for your API Key and API Secret
VyoptaCollector version 4.3.0 or higher
Please follow the instructions below to add your Zoom instance to Data Collection:
- Navigate to https://my.vyopta.com/admin/ to access the Admin Portal and log in with your Vyopta credentials
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure (near the bottom)
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click Zoom:
On the Configuration page:
- Enter the Zoom name and description as desired
- Enter the default API URL and click 'Save'
Note: The default Zoom API URL is “api.zoom.us”, however, this should reflect the URL of the Zoom infrastructure and may vary for on-premise deployment.
Next, expand the ZOOM Authorization panel where you can now enter your saved API Key and API Secret
Click the Validate button to confirm the connection and API authorization.
Note: None of the Additional Settings in the panels below need to be changed from their defaults.
Finally, you can enable data collection to Zoom by clicking the 'Disabled' button at the top of the page, changing it to 'Enabled'.
Enabling Zoom Rooms for data collection may require adjustments in the Zoom Room name and display name used by your organization in the Zoom admin portal. To enable Zoom Room tracking and matching, please note that all Zoom Room names and display names must be identical. Additionally, all Room Names must be unique.
Zoom Server Reference Table
- Zoom service admin account with full Administrator privileges. Please note that admin rights are required to generate a developer app for accessing the API key and API shared secret.
- API key and API secret available from the developer app
- VyoptaCollector 4.3.0 or higher