Vyopta Data Collector is a monitoring and analytics tool that allows administrators to gather data from their video infrastructure devices. This document outlines the steps to set up a service account for a Cisco Expressway or VCS and add the device to Vyopta Data Collector.
Step 1 - Setting up a Service Account for Cisco Expressway or VCS:
To create a service account on the device, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the device with the proper administrator account.
- Navigate to the Users > Administrator accounts tab.
- Select New. An account configuration window opens.
- Enter a service account name, set the Access level to Read-only, and enter the service account password and confirm this password.
- Set Web Access and API Access to Yes and State to Enabled.
- Click Save or enter your admin password to confirm the account creation.
Note: VCS Active Directory (AD) accounts are not supported. The account must be a local administrator.
Step 2 - Adding the Expressway Servers or VCS to Vyopta:
To add a Cisco Expressway-C/E or VCS requires the following:
- Network access to the FQDN/IP address of the device from the Vyopta Data Collector server.
- Previously created user service account credentials on each video device.
To add each video infrastructure device, follow the instructions below:
- Log into the Vyopta Admin Portal - You must have admin permissions to perform these steps.
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure.
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click VCS for Expressway Core or VCS Control. Click VCSX if adding an Expressway Edge or VCS Expressway.
- Fill in the connection and account details for your VCS.
- Enter the description of the video device, which can include the name, description, and other unique identifiers.
- Enter the infrastructure hostname or IP address and port (usually 443 for https).
- Enter the login username and password created on the video device.
- Click the Save button when complete.
- After clicking Save, two new buttons will appear on this page: Disabled (at the top) and Validate (at the bottom).
- Click the Validate button to check that the collector can successfully connect to the infrastructure. If validation was unsuccessful, click the Details arrow for information on causes, such as login credentials, network connection issues, etc., to assist in correcting the problem.
- Click the Disabled button to enable monitoring and data collection from this system.
Note: If you have multiple Expressways or VCS-C/E devices, you must add a connector for each individual device, including all peers and slaves. Please only add the primary/secondary devices. Do not add the clustered, named environment.
By following the steps outlined in this document, administrators can set up a service account and add a Cisco Expressway or VCS to Vyopta Data Collector for monitoring and analytics.
Reference - Cisco Video Communications Server & Expressway Reference Table
Cisco Expressway- C/E or Video Communications Server (VCS)
Expressway X12.5 or above / VCS version X12.5 or above
Server IP/FQDN; Add all VCS cluster devices if applicable.
Local Administrator read-only account with API access.
Note: AD integrated accounts are not supported.
Vyopta Data Collector outbound to the Expressway / VCS device(s)
TCP 443 (https)