Step 1 - Enable CDR Access in the Vidyo Management Portal
CDR Access for the Vyopta Data Collector must be enabled using a Super Admin account as outlined below:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the domain or IP address of the Vidyo Router Super Admin portal.
- Log in with a Super Admin account.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > CDR Access.
- Perform the following to configure the cdraccess account for CDR collection:
- Ensure the CDR Collection is
- Set the Access Password to the cdraccess account.
- Enter the IP address or Hostname of the Vyopta Data Collector in your environment.
- Verify that the “Allow Delete” is not Enabled (i.e., the checkbox is unchecked).
- Select Save to finish the CDR Account configuration.
- Log out of the Vidyo Management Portal.
Figure 14-1: CDR Account Configuration Settings
Step 2 - Configure a User Account in the Vidyo Management Portal
- Navigate to the Standard Vidyo Admin Portal
- Log in with an Admin Account
- Under Manage Users select Add User and fill in the following information:
- Select Admin for User Type.
- Enter in cdraccess for the User Name, this must match the DB service account username.
- Enter in the same Password used above for the DB service account password above.
- Enter in cdraccess for the Display Name.
- The E-mail Address must be entered, but does not need to be a live email address. It is recommended email@example.com be used.
- The Extension must also be entered, but does not need to follow any dial-plan. It is recommended 1000 or 9999 be used.
- All other fields can be set to the default value.
- Verify that the Status and Allowed to log in to user portal are both
- Once the User has been created, select Save to finish the User Account configuration.
- Log out of the Vidyo Admin Portal.
Step 3 - Verify that API Access is enabled
Please ensure that the following licenses are enabled for Vidyo. The API licenses (User & Admin) feature keys are required to support third-party software integration. These are not enabled by default and you will have to reach out to Vidyo to enable them.
- Log into the Vidyo Super Portal and go to Settings > System License.
- Scroll down to Admin API Access on the System License page.
- Confirm that the Admin API is enabled (as shown below).
Figure 14-2: Verifying if Admin and User API Access is enabled
Step 4 - Add a Vidyo Management Portal Connector
To add a Vidyo Management Portal Connector requires the following:
- Access to the Vidyo Management Portal and database from the Vyopta Data Collector
- Credentials for the cdraccess account on the Vidyo Management Portal
Please follow the instructions below to add the video appliance:
- Select Vidyo Router in the Infrastructure Type drop-down menu.
- Enter a suitable name and description into the appropriate fields.
Note: We recommend using hostname rather than IP as IP addresses are subject to change. It is also helpful to name the infrastructure in a 'friendly' or easily understood way.
- Enter the Vidyo Management Portal IP address or Hostname.
- Enter cdraccess for the Username and the appropriate Password for the Account.
- Click Validate to ensure that the Vyopta Data Collector application can connect.
- If the connection to the video component succeeded, click the Save button.
Figure 14-3: Vidyo Infrastructure Information Example
Vidyo Management Portal Reference Table
VIDYO Management Portal
Vidyo version 3.1 or above
Server IP/FQDN of Vidyo Management Portal
Local read-only account named ‘cdraccess’
Vyopta Data Collector to Vidyo Management Portal
Vyopta Data Collector to Vidyo database