Step 1 - Grant Access
You need to request that your Cisco account team (either their account manager or customer success manager) contact Webex support and grant Vyopta’s account (which has a valid security certificate in place) access to the your account.
PDA (Partner Delegated Authentication) Request Instructions
Note: The PDA request must be made by the Cisco AM or CSM not directly by you.
Step A - Initiate a Certificate Request with Cisco Webex
Follow these instructions to grant partner delegated authentication (PDA) to Vyopta.
- Email your Cisco Webex AM and/or CSM and ask them to send an email to the Webex Ops team with subject: Webex PDA request for existing API partner - Vyopta. The Cisco Webex AM and/or CSM will know the correct team to reach out for the request.
- Request that they CC: you (the customer), and the Vyopta engineer that is assisting with your Webex setup
- Include in the body: Please submit an Ops request ticket for the Webex Provisioning team to add Vyopta (existing partner with PDA config in place) for partner delegated authentication (PDA) to our Webex site(s) below.
- Also list in the body of the email each Webex site URL you want Vyopta to be able to access
- Be sure they include the following statement: Important Note: Vyopta currently provides Webex API integration and already has an existing certificate and PDA config on file. Therefore, no cert is required to be submitted with this provisioning request.
- The request will take 2-3 days for the provisioning team to complete
- Once you have received confirmation that the PDA request has been completed, move on to the next step
Step B - Verify the Certificate is Applied to Applicable Webex Domain Sites
Once the Webex team confirms that PDA is activated for your Webex domains, visit your admin portal and verify the certificate is applied to the site:
- On the Cisco Webex Meetings Sites page click to select your site and select the 'Configure Site' button
- Under 'Common Settings' click the 'Partner Delegated Authentication' link
- If not already enabled in the 'Partner Delegated Authentication' page click the checkbox to enable Vyopta as a 'Host and also 'Site Admin' (note: Site Admin privileges required to use API for data collection)
- Click the 'Update' button to save
- Repeat for each applicable Webex site
Step C - Provide Account Username and Email to Vyopta to Begin Collection
Once the above has been completed we will require the following to begin collection. Please send the below to the Vyopta representative who is working with you on configuring Webex collection.
- The Webex site URL from which we will be collecting data
- If the Webex site is SSO enabled, provide a username and email address for any account that has a minimum of “Site Admin - Read Only” access.
i. Note: The username must be an AD authenticated account
ii. We only require a username and email because of the certified authority granted in the first step of this document
iii. A service account is ideal but a regular users account with the proper privileges can be used without issue in lieu of an AD service account
- If the Webex site is not SSO enabled, contact your Vyopta representative for assistance in the final step to configure collection
Step 2 - Set up a Service Account for Cisco WebEx
To create a service account for Cisco WebEx, perform the following:
- Log into the WebEx Web Portal using an existing site administrator account.
- Select Site Administrator tab to open the Administration page.
- Use the appropriate tab under Manage Users to create a new WebEx account:
- Select the Site Admin – View only
- Enter Vyopta for the First name.
- Enter Service for the Last name.
- Enter vyoptasvc for the User name.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org for the Email address.
- Set and confirm the password for the service account.
- Select Update to save the service account information.
Figure 8-1: WebEx User Account Information
Step 2 - Add a WebEx Connector
Note: If you have a next-gen Webex Site integrated with Cisco Control Hub and use Common Identity please reach out to email@example.com for getting started information.
To add a WebEx Connector requires the following:
- Access to your organization’s WebEx Site URL from the Vyopta Data Collector
- Credentials for the WebEx Site Admin - View only account
Please follow the instructions below to add your WebEx site:
- Select Cisco WebEx in the Infrastructure Type drop-down menu.
- Enter the WebEx site name.
- Enter WebEx into the Description field; you may also add the WebEx type, location, or other unique identifiers.
- Enter the WebEx Site URL in the Hostname field.
- Enter the username and password of the Site Admin - View only account.
- Click Validate to ensure that the Vyopta Data Collector application can connect.
- If the connection succeeded, click the Save button.
- You must repeat for each Webex site needed
Figure 8-2: Adding a WebEx Site
Cisco WebEx (Cloud only) Reference Table
Cisco WebEx (Cloud only)
Version T28 or above
FQDN of WebEx sites
Local Site Admin - View-only WebEx account
Vyopta Data Collector outbound to the WebEx Cloud
TCP 443 (https)