Step 1 - Create API Key and API Secret
To create an API Key and API secret for Zoom, login as an administrator and perform the following:
- Login to Zoom using an existing administrator account (must be an admin account).
- In the profile screen the Admin | Advanced, select "Apps Marketplace as shown in the screenshot below
- You will then be taken over to the Zoom App Marketplace as shown in the form. Next, click on the Build App link under the Develop menu as shown in the screenshot below
- You will now be prompted to choose your app type. Please select JWT, and then click on the create button
- You will now be prompted for a JWT app name. For this example, please use the name Vyopta as shown below.
- You will now be prompted for some basic information about the company and person creating the JWT app, please fill out with your contact information, and then click on continue.
- You will now be presented your API key and API secret
- Click Continue, and click Continue on the Feature form, and then you should go to the Activated form as shown below
That’s it! You should now have your API Key and API Secret, with which Zoom can be added to the Vyopta Data Collector.
Note: Make sure to record your API Key and API Secret as they will be used to connect Zoom via API.
Step 2 - Add a Zoom Connector
|Please note, to set up monitoring with Zoom, you will need to set up your Zoom collection in the Vyopta Admin Portal, which will use our new Zoom cloud collector. Our new cloud collector supports the Zoom v2 API, where our legacy collector will only support v1, which will not be available from Zoom after April 26th 2020.|
To add a Zoom Connector requires the following:
- Access to your organization’s Zoom API URL
- Credentials for your API Key and API Secret
Please follow the instructions below to add your Zoom instance to Data Collection:
- Select the New Infrastructure button in the Infrastructure section of the Vyopta Admin Portal
- Find the Zoom panel to add the Zoom collection, by clicking on the +ZOOM button
- Enter the Zoom name and description as desired.
- Next, enter the default API URL of api.zoom.com
- Click on Save
Note: The default Zoom API URL is “api.zoom.us”, however this should reflect the URL of the Zoom infrastructure and may vary for on-premise deployment.
- After that, enter the API Key and API Secret.
- Click Validate to ensure that the Vyopta Data Collector application can connect.
- If the connection succeeded, click the Save button, and your collection setup should look like our screenshot below.
- Make sure your new collection is enabled at the top of the form. At this point, your setup is complete
Note: Enabling Zoom Rooms for data collection may require adjustments in the Zoom Room name and display name used by your organization. To enable Zoom Room tracking and matching, please note that all Zoom Room names and display names must be identical. Additionally, all Room Names must be unique.
Figure 15-3: Setting up matching Zoom Room name and display name
Zoom Server Reference Table
Not required. Collector is in the Cloud.
Zoom admin account with full Administrator privileges. Please note that admin rights are required to generate API key and shared secret.
|TCP Ports||Not Required. Collector is in the Cloud|