Please also see Manual Collector Upgrade with Roll-Back - Best Practice
Here is a video that will walk you through the upgrade process of your data collector on Windows, else you can follow the instructions below which make use of the internal installer in the data collector. In the video, we will use the -install and -uninstall command line options for simplicity.
As a reminder, the Vyopta collector includes both endpoint monitor and data collector services in one. When running this upgrade, it upgrades both items.
- Download the latest version of the Vyopta collector from the Admin Portal
- Stop the “Vyopta CPM Data Collector” service
- Replace the executable file you downloaded in step one to the folder where the vyoptacollector.xml file is located (typically C:\Vyopta), replacing the old executable file
- Double Click the vyoptacollector.exe file to launch the new Upgrade UI for the collector
- Select the Upgrade option, and check "Start Collector after Upgrade", and Click Continue. The Upgrade will start to validate your environment as shown in the screen shot below
- When you see the screenshot below, the upgrade will be complete. Click on Done to dismiss the Upgrade UI.
- Check to see if the “Vyopta CPM Data Collector” service has started. If its not started, please go ahead and start the service as shown below.
- Visit the Vyopta Admin Portal and verify that the relevant services are green. The Service Account email address listed should be the same one as used in the vyoptacollector.xml file