As Cloud registration becomes more common, customers may be in a scenario of wanting to move endpoints that are currently locally registered to a cloud based resolution. Doing this without proper planning could result in endpoints not being visible, or worse, losing historical data from those endpoints when they move.
Vyopta is working on additional solutions to make the migration smoother. In the meantime, here are some guidelines to follow:
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Do not manually duplicate endpoints in your Admin tool
- Do not delete endpoints in your Admin tool
HOW TO PROCEED
- Remove existing endpoints from existing monitoring group
- Build new monitoring group for Cloud Registered Endpoints
- Add new admin-local credentials to all Cloud Registered Endpoints
- Add Endpoints to new access-group with new credentials
In general, it is best to contact the support team if you are starting a migration so we can review your situation and provide specific guidance.