This feature allows sending the CDR files from CUCM to the VM where Vyopta Collector is installed. The main purpose is to avoid limitations of CUCM CDR APIs.
Prerequisite for the Customer :
- Add the Billing Server on CUCM?
1. Login to CUCM portal.
2. Choose Cisco Unified Serviceablity from the top navigation.
3. Choose the Tools -> CDR Management menu.
4. Click 'Add New' under the "Billing Application Server Parameters"
5. Specify the details for the FTP / SFTP server to send the CDR files; to the collector box.
For example :
- Test if files are sent to the collector box.
- Start a call between 2 registered endpoints on the CUCM.
- End a call. And now check under the Directory Path specified under Billing Application Server Parameters, for the cdr file.
- Once forwarding of files is confirmed, collector specific setting can be done as mentioned below.
- All 3 billing servers on CUCM, are already consumed?
- vAnalytics collector allows specifying the FTP server on Vyopta portal, where the collector can forward the CUCM CDR files.
- Please check the required configuration below.
How does the collector work?
1. The folder where CDR files are pushed on the collector VM is monitored by the collector at the specified interval. When CDR files are pushed from CUCM, those are moved to the 'upload' and 'forward' folders, under the same folder.
2. Files from the 'upload' folder are then uploaded to Vyopta ADR portal for processing on the back end. If forwarding to another SFTP server is enabled, files from the 'forward' folder will be forwarded to the specified FTP/SFTP folder.
3. When a file is successfully uploaded or forwarded to SFTP server; it is deleted from the respective folder.
Configuration on the Vyopta Portal (https://apps.vyopta.com)
Based on the case from below; extra config attributes need to be defined on a Vyopta Portal, at the system level (Admin → Infrastructure → CUCM → Extra Connection Info).
1. Send CDR files to Vyopta Cloud (ADR)
- van.cucm.pushBasedCdr.enabled=true; when set to true, push-based polling is used.
- however, when set to False; collector uses the old way of polling the CDR data using API.
- the interval in minutes at which the directory will be monitored for any new CDR files pushed from CUCM
- default value is 10 minutes.
- the directory path on the collector box, where CDR files are pushed from CUCM.
- this is the same path, defined under "Directory Path" under the Billing Server on CUCM.
2. Send CDR files to Vyopta Cloud (ADR), and forward to the specified external SFTP server
- when set to true, the collector will forward CDR files to the SFTP
- when set to false, following attributes have no meaning
- IP or host of the SFTP server
- For example van.cucm.cdrForwardFtpServer=workersqa.vyopta.com;
- user account for an access to the SFTP server
- For example : van.cucm.cdrForwardFtpUsername=vyopta;
- password for an account for access to the SFTP server
- For example : van.cucm.cdrForwardFtpPassword=vyopta;
- directory path to send the CDR files to
- default value : /cucmCdr (based off of root directory configured on SFTP server settings)
- For example : van.cucm.cdrForwardFtpPath=C:\Vyopta\SFTP\cucmCdr;
- when set to true, its Secure FTP server (on port 22)
- this is recommended option
Vyopta Monitoring Products :