Step 1: Add Skype for Business to vAnalytics Data Collector
Note: S4B will always fail validation with Windows Authentication. Save via the collector utility and manually enable this in Apps later.
Install Note: Make sure device description always includes (WindowsAuth), i.e. Skype For Business (WindowsAuth)
Step 2: Set Windows Authentication Parameter
NOTE: Once the Authentication is set to Windows in APPS (device infrastructure Extra Connection Info) the database settings screens in the Config Utility will have the username and password fields greyed out.
Step 3: Confirm SQL Native Client SQLNCLI11 driver is installed on VM/server hosting the vAnalytics Data Collector service
- Click on "Windows + R" or select "Run..." in Start menu
- Enter "regedit" to open Registry Editor
- Go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- To check which provider you have installed on your machine, try to find it by name in this registry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SQLNCLI11
If it is not installed, the customer will need to download and install the native client: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=50402
Step 4: Set Windows Authentication account on vAnalytics Data Collector service
- Navigate to Services
- Right Click > Turn off the service
- Right Click > Properties on vAnalytics Data Collector Service
- Select Log On tab
- Uncheck local System account
- Check This account
- Enter Windows Authentication credentials
- Click Apply and then OK
- Right Click service > Turn on the service
Note: This account will also need to have the appropriate access to run this service.
These credentials will be wiped out each collector upgrade and will need to be manually added back after the upgrade.
Step 5: Enable Skype for Business infrastructure in Apps
- Navigate to apps.vyopta.com and Login
- Navigate vAnalytics > Infrastructure tab
- Turn on Skype for Business