With our new Zoom Connector, you now have the ability to connect to your Zoom account using oAuth, with optional support for Zoom QSS.
Zoom QSS is now the new offering from Zoom that will allow us to collect quality for all your Zoom meetings. Before enabling QSS , please check with your Zoom Account Manager to see if you have QSS enabled on your account.
- Navigate to the Vyopta Admin Portal
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure (near the bottom)
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click Zoom:
On the Configuration page enter the Zoom name and description as desired.
Next, expand the ZOOM Authorization panel where you can now press the "Click to Authorize" to connect the new connector to your Zoom Account
Once you click on the 'Click to Authorize' link, you will then be redirected to your Zoom oAuth Account page as shown below.
Once you sign in, you will be directed to the following page and you can click "Allow":
Once the app is allowed, you should be taken back to your Zoom connector page in the Vyopta Admin Portal. If the connection was successful, you should see a message "Authorization Status: Success" as shown in the screenshot below.
Note: None of the Additional Settings in the panels below need to be changed from their defaults.
Finally, you can enable data collection to Zoom by clicking the 'Disabled' button at the top of the page, changing it to 'Enabled'.
QSS requires an app to be created on the Zoom Marketplace. We will walk through creating the app and finishing the QSS setup.
1. Head to the Zoom marketplace at App Marketplace (zoom.us) and login.
2. Select "Build App" under the Develop menu as see below:
3. Select "Create" under the "Webhook Only" app:
4. Provide a name for the app. It's suggested to include "Vyopta" in the name for future identifications.
5. Fill in the required fields and click "Continue" when done.
6. On the "Add Feature" page, copy the Secret Token as that will need to be put in the Vyopta Admin Portal.
7. Toggle "Event Subscriptions" on and then click "Add Event Subscriptions".
8. Head back to the Vyopta Admin Portal and click on your Zoom Infrastructure. Scroll down to the QSS Settings section and enable "Use Webhooks (QSS)" and paste the QSS Secret from the Zoom app that was copied earlier and then copy the Event Consumer URL to use in the Zoom App. Hit the save button.
9. Hit the save button. 10. Now head back to the Zoom marketplace and paste the URL copied from Step 8 to the "Event notification endpoint UR" as seen below:
11. Now, click on the "Validate button". If validation fails, please wait a minute and try again.
12. Once validation is successful, click on "Add Events".
13. Under the Meetings section, select the following:
- Start Meeting
- End Meeting
- Participant/Host joined meeting
- Participant/Host left meeting
- Meeting Sharing Started
- Meeting Sharing Ended
13. Under the Webinar Section, select the following:
- Start Webinar
- End Webinar
- Participant/Host joined webinar
- Participant/Host left webinar
- Webinar Sharing Started
- Webinar Sharing Ended
14. Under QSS select the following:
- Meeting Participant QoS
- Meeting Participant Advanced Data
- Webinar Participant QoS
- Webinar Participant Advanced Data
15. You should have 16 events added now. Click Done.
16. Click Save and then Continue. It can take up to 15 minutes for data to start flowing if Real Time was not an option before.
Enabling Zoom Rooms for data collection may require adjustments in the Zoom Room name and display name used by your organization in the Zoom admin portal. To enable Zoom Room tracking and matching, please note that all Zoom Room names and display names must be identical. Additionally, all Room Names must be unique.
Once you have completed the steps above, you may want to validate that you are successfully collecting data from your Zoom account. Here are the recommended steps for a healthy Zoom collection How to validate a successful data collection from Zoom
In case you no longer want to collect Zoom data into your Vyopta account, here are the steps on how you can uninstall the Zoom collection.
- Navigate to the Vyopta Admin Portal
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon on the left rail
- Click on the Zoom collectors to launch the edit dashboard for the collector, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Scroll down to Zoom Authorization, and expand the panel, as shown below, and click on REMOVE AUTHORIZATION
- Next, close out of the edit screen, and navigate back to the infrastructure dataset, and verify that the enabled switch (in the blue box) is disabled. You can also click on the delete icon (in the red box) to remove the Zoom collector.
- Once the Zoom collector has the authorizations removed, and is disabled, we will have broken the link for data collection back to your Zoom account.
To uninstall the plugin from your Zoom Account, you will need to complete the following steps
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Vyopta app.
- Click the Vyopta app.
- Click Uninstall