Required Authorization level:
Vyopta leverages an Integration App that will need to be authorized by the administrator account on your Cisco Webex tenant through OAuth workflow. Once the app is authorized by the administrator, Vyopta will have the ability to collect data on your behalf.
Before you begin
Depending on customer's restrictions in Control-Hub, you may have to temporary enable Global Access to allow the oAuth integration to work. If this setting is not enabled, you may get an access denied response when processing the oAuth request.
All you need to do, is log into Control-Hub -> Apps - > Integrations, and turn on Global Access as shown in the screenshot below. Once the oAuth connection is completed, you can turn off the Global Access.
Please follow the instructions below to add a Cisco Webex device:
- Navigate to https://my.vyopta.com/admin to access the Vyopta Administration Portal and log in with your Vyopta credentials. Note: You will need to have Administrator account credentials to access the Admin Portal.
- Select the Infrastructure menu or Icon, then select New Infrastructure
- From the selection of infrastructure types, click Cisco Webex:
- Fill in the Name and description details for Cisco Webex. Note: API Url will be pre-populated for you.
- Click the Save button when complete.
- After clicking Save, you will see the Cisco Webex Authorization section below. Once you expand the section and click on 'Click to Authorize' you will be prompted to log into your Cisco Webex account. Note: You need to ensure that you are using either Google Chrome or Safari before clicking on Click to Authorize. Please disable any popup blockers.
- Read the permissions required for Cisco Webex Integration and click on Accept.
- Once you hit Accept, on successful authorization you will be redirected back to the Vyopta Admin Portal.
- You will see two new buttons will appear on this page: Disabled (at the top) and Validate (at the bottom).
- Click the Validate button to check that the collector can successfully connect to the infrastructure. A pop-up will appear:
- Now you can click the Disabled button to the Enabled state to begin monitoring and data collection from Cisco Webex system.